Kansas Payment Center

If you are paying or receiving child support or spousal support, the Kansas Payment Center (KPC) is a convenient resource for checking the status of payments, the history of payments, how to receive payments, and how to make payments.  You can access the Kansas Payment Center as follows:


877-572-5722 – Monday through Friday (except state holidays)
Between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Central Time

Kansas Payment Center
P.O. Box 758599
Topeka, KS 66675-8599

Please note that you will need the following information to access KPC records:

  • Your full name;
  • The District Court (County) which issued the support order;
  • The Case Number in which the support order is in effect*;
  • Your Social Security Number or KPC Personal Identification Number (PIN). (If you do not know your PIN, call the KPC at the telephone number listed above.)

*Your Case Number should appear on the first page of the support order.  It consists of a two‑digit or four-digit year designation, a two-letter case-type designation, and a one- to six-digit number assignment.  EXAMPLE: 2021-DM-9999.  The year designation is the year the case was initially filed with the Court.  The two-letter designation identifies what type of case it is, i.e. DM=Domestic Matter, PA=Paternity Action, etc.  The one- to six-digit number at the end is assigned by the District Court Clerk.  For KPC purposes, you will need to condense your Case Number into a ten-digit alphanumeric sequence, consisting of two digits for the year, the two-letter case type and a six-digit number assignment.  EXAMPLE: 21DM009999.  If your actual number identifier is less than six digits, simply add enough zeroes to the beginning of it so that it is six digits, as we have done in the example.


Step-by-step to access payment records on the KPC website:

  1. Go to the website, http://kspaycenter.com.
  2. On the left side of the screen click on PAYMENT RECORDS, then click Search.
  3. Click which records you want to access (usually, you will only need Basic Payment Records).
  4. Step 1: Choose the County from which your support order was issued from the drop-down menu.
  5. Enter your Case Number (see explanation above).
  6. Step 2: Enter a start and end date for the period of time you want to view payment records (dates should be entered in this format: mm/dd/yyyy). If you want to see the entire payment history for your case, leave the dates blank and proceed to the next step.
  7. Click Search.


The next thing you see will be a history of the payments in your case, in reverse chronological order (the most recent payment listed first).  At the top of this screen are three boxes you can click to access a comprehensive report, read instructions on interpreting the report or print the report.  If you would like to save a copy of the report, you will see a menu box that says Select a format.  You can click on the menu and have the payment history exported to an Excel file or an Adobe .pdf file that you can then save to your computer and/or print.


If you are paying support for the first time:

  1. Go to the website http://kspaycenter.com.
  2. On the left side of the screen, click on MAKE A PAYMENT, then How to Make a Payment. Here, you will see the various options available.
  • PAY ONLINE: Pay online by debit/credit card, direct transfer from a bank account, or by using one of the e-wallet options (ApplePay, GooglePay, Venmo), you will need to sign up for the KPC’s Electronic Payment System (KPCpay).
  • PAY WITH PAYPAL: To pay with Paypal, please follow the link provided on the webpage. Also, please note: all payments are debited immediately from your PayPal account. A fee of 2.49% ($3.95 minimum) of the payment amount is charged by Value Payment Systems for using this service. Payments may take 2-3 business days to be received at the KPC and posted to your support account.
  • PAY WITH CASH: To pay with cash with PayNearMe or MoneyGram, please visit a participating retail location with your PayNearMe barcode. Please review and note the instructions and fees described on the webpage.
  • PAY BY MAIL: To pay by mail, send a check or money order to Kansas Payment Center, P.O. Box 758599, Topeka, Kansas 66675-8599. Checks and money orders must be made payable to the Kansas Payment Center and shall include your full name, case number with county designation, and your social security number or KPC Personal Identification Number (PIN).

To receive support for the first time:

  1. Go to the website http://kspaycenter.com.
  2. In the middle of the screen, click the large box that says IF YOU RECEIVE SUPPORT.
  3. Click on How to Receive Child Support Disbursements.
  4. Follow the instructions provided by KPC to either receive a Key2Benefits Debit Card or have your support payments direct-deposited into your bank account. If you do not select a method by which to receive payments, you will be automatically enrolled in and receive a Key2Benefits Debit Card in the mail.

Note that KPC no longer issues paper checks unless you declare that receiving funds electronically is a hardship, which must be done in writing to the KPC as set forth in the instructions referenced on the How to Receive Child Support Disbursements page.


  • When your order for support is entered by the District Court, the information is then forwarded to the KPC, and your case is set up in the KPC system. This process usually takes at least 10-14 business days.
  • If you choose to set up direct deposit of support payments into your bank account, please be aware that it can take 10-14 business days after the KPC receives your direct deposit authorization form for it to become effective.
  • Many people who pay support do so by having it deducted from their paycheck by an Income Withholding Order that is issued by the Court. The amounts that are paid through this method may seem odd to the person receiving support, however, the amounts deducted from paychecks are determined based upon the monthly amount of support due and how frequently the payor is paid. 
  • While there is no cap on the amount you can pay to KPC at one time, please be aware that any payments over $3,000 may be held by KPC for 10-14 business days, pending verification, depending on the method of payment:
    • Bank Transfers, credit/debit card, personal check – The payment will be held for 10-14 business days unless the payer sends in verification (i.e. a bank statement) showing (1) the amount leaving the payer’s account, (2) the amount going to KPC, and (3) the account balance after the transaction.
    • Cashier’s check or Money order – The payment will be released immediately upon receipt by KPC as these are certified/verified funds.


John Doe pays $1,000.00 per month child support, which equals $12,000.00 per year.  Depending on how often John is paid, his support will be deducted from his paycheck as follows:

Paid Weekly:
$230.77 each paycheck

Paid Twice a Monty (Bi-Monthly):
$500 each paycheck
Paid Every Two Weeks (Bi-Weekly):
$461.54 each paycheck

Paid Once a Month (Monthly):
$1,000.00 each paycheck

For persons who are paid weekly or bi-weekly, the persons receiving the support will receive less support than ordered during some months, and more support during other months, depending on how the payor’s paydays fall on the calendar (i.e., depending on whether they have 4 or 5 paydays in a month if paid weekly; and 2 or 3 paydays in a month if they are paid bi-weekly).

  • If you move, you must notify KPC of your change of address by calling them at the number above.
  • If you do not receive a paper check that the KPC records indicate has been sent to you, you can access the form required to report a lost/stolen check on the KPC website.
  • If you lose your Key2Benefits debit card, contact the KPC by telephone immediately.
  • Payment records are only available through the KPC for payments made since October 1, 2000. For payments made prior to October 1, 2000, you must contact the District Court in the county where the support order was issued.
8415 E 21st St N, Ste. 250 | Wichita, KS 67206
©2024 Ward Law LLC